Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy 41st Birthday

My husband's birthday was this week and he wanted a yellow cake with chocolate filling and butter cream frosting.  So that is what I did. I baked a two layer round yellow cake and made one batch of butter cream frosting. I added butter flavoring and clear vanilla extract to the recipe and it was subtle but good.

So, as you can see from the above pictures, I wrote Happy 41st Birthday in Green. It wasn't solid green though. I striped my decorator bag with green and then added about a 1/2 cup of icing. It took a bit of time for the green to show.. but eventually, the effect was apparent.


Chris wanted a filling instead of icing for his cake. He is a choco-holic! I added a chocolate pudding middle and it was delicious. He loved it. I wonder what it would have tasted like if the cake and and filling were cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment