Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Baby

I love to bake. I love watching someone's expression and hearing the "yum" from them when they take the first bite. I make homemade butter-cream frosting which is milky and sweet but not too sweet!

This baking experience was for a work baby shower. One of my colleagues (actually his wife) had a baby girl and we threw him a surprise baby shower. How flipping cute are baby things!?!


 So for this cake.. I had to incorporate baby blocks.. and a pink baby buggy! We didn't know baby's name yet. All we knew was that it was a girl! What says baby better than blocks and a buggy.

I first frosted the cake with regular butter-cream and then with a toothpick, scratched the outline of the blocks and the letters. I wasn't sure how I was going to do the buggy so I didn't draw those.  With a star tip,I first frosted the blocks and then went back with a regular tip and did the letters.     
                                     
 I also created the buggy with a star tip in pink colored frosting (yellow and green too). Wilton has a great stencil for baby buggy's. I had made cookies with the same stencil and royal icing for my sister-in-law when my niece, Lucy was born. 

 This cake needed to be finished off with yellow shell border and more pink designs. So fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment