Thursday, January 5, 2012

Halloween Party for Us




My sister and brother-in-law threw a Halloween party this year. We were required to dress up. Joanna was a clown, Patrick was Bob-the-Builder, Christopher was a phone sex operator. Katie and John had just gotten back from their honeymoon so they were.. you guessed it... Honeymooners!! Mischa and Jacob were dead.. and Michael was part of the Mexican mafia.

What is better for a Halloween treat than cake pops?




I don't bake the cake in balls! Instead I make a cake and a very small batch of frosting. About 20 minutes after I have taken the cake out of the oven, I crumble it in the frosting and remix it with the beaters until the cake looks completely wet. I then roll it into balls and let it cool. While they are cooling, you have to melt chocolate and then dip your cake pop into the chocolate and sprinkles or toppings and let harden.

There are so many ways to display cake balls.. this time I just used my cake carrier. Over all it didn't matter! There were only two left at then end!






No comments:

Post a Comment