Tuesday, August 9, 2011

They are Going to the Chapel.. AND They're Gonna Get MARRIED

Katie and John are getting married October 14, 2011 and I can't be happier for them. Katie is Chris's sister.

Bridesmaids, Junior Bridesmaids and Flower Girls
(From Left to right)- Back Row- Jenn, Joanna, Me, Katie, Ali, Jessica, Julie, Charisce
Front row- Andrea, Vivian, Dani, Stephie

The hosts of her first bridal shower asked me to make a cake for the occassion. Katie loves purple and loves butterflies. Once the hosts decided on the style of cake they wanted it made sense of how to bring it all together. I used two recipes of a french vanilla cake and fresh strawberries along with buttercream. I then created several royal icing/sugar flowers to place on the cake (All purple of course). I also added edible wafer paper butterflies.

Thanks to Chris, I was able to get a very smooth surface to use. He is amazing when it comes to making smooth icing.


I thought my flowers turned out the best that I have ever made. The purple roses, violets and apple blossoms (I think).

Don't pay attention to the bit of strawberry juice spilling out through my buttercream. That is what sometimes happens with fresh strawberries.

My teacher would be so proud of these roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment