Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011



We spent Labor Day 2011 with our friends, Patrick and Maria. I, of course, offered to bake. I finally decided on cupcakes and two different kinds at that.




One cupcake was a vanilla cupcake with a Reese's peanut butter cup in the center and my Ah-Maze-Ing peanut butter frosting and the other was a vanilla cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting.
 My Reese's peanut butter cup cupcake was similar to the Tagalong cupcakes I made in March. This time I baked a peanut butter cup in the center of my cupcake. This was a hit at the party.


The frosting was a HIT! peanut butter, powdered sugar and honey (a few other ingredients to.. but who cares about those?). Yum Yum!
 My other cupcake was covered in a mexican chocolate ganache frosting. This recipe was similar to the ganache filling I made for Andrea's 9th birthday party cake. I tweaked a few thing! First, I heated up the heavy cream with cinnamon and let it seep for five minutes. This time I left the chocolate with a few more chunks in it. I also used chocolate that was more bittersweet than what I used before. Who knew that there was different levels of bittersweetness. Acutally, what I learned was that there varying levels of cocoa and that is what creates the sweet, bittersweet or dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment